Sunday, June 16, 2013

Well in about an hour another Father's Day will be over. I hope all of you that still have your Father around, took time to celebrate the day. My own father was lost to me 25 years ago, and he is still missed. I have enjoyed celebrations in the past with our own children, but as they get older and have families of their own, their own celebrations are important. They begin what they hope will be "their own traditions." I can't remember if when I was growing up that we did anything "special." But at our house now (or we use to), it was the first real cookout, and hopefully swimming in the pool. Pretty much an all afternoon event. Great fun, especially with the grand kids around to help in the excitement. A word here about Mother's Day, that has always been a duty to "take her out for dinner," and of course flowers. Father's don't usually go in for the flower thing, and by now we've pretty much got all the power tools we need. If you like me, a lot of the tools have been "borrowed" back by the ones who gave them to me in the first place. I think that was the plan to start with. So this year I didn't expect anything, and wasn't disappointed. I did get 2 phone calls and 1 text, so that is something. Maybe next time we'll get back to the cookout gig, I like to eat. Happy Father's Day to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment