Monday, June 10, 2013

Lets Save Some Money...

Every year my wife spend a lot of money on flowers to plant around the yard in various flower beds. I'm talking a couple hundred dollars worth. Now don't get me wrong, I like pretty flowers. They make the place look nice, but $200 bucks is a lot of money. We have one flower bed on the corner that I made by putting some railroad ties in a square (about 64 square feet). That takes a lot of plants, if you buy them. Plus all the labor getting the ground ready and then planting, and the eventual weeding that follows. I'm basically a lazy guy (and cheap), and if I can avoid all this I will. So...I went to Wal-Mart and happen to notice a box (about the size of a cereal box) of flower seeds. It said wild flower mix, and another said butterfly mix, and yet another said hummingbird mix. One box cover 500 square feet, ah ha! I bought 2 boxes. When I got home I dug up that flower bed. Leveled the dirt, and made everything all nice and pretty with my rake. Then I open the boxes and emptied them, completely, over the whole bed and rake it in a little flowed by a gentle watering. I figured that if you plant enough flower seeds, and weeds won't have a chance. IT WORKED! In a month flowers were growing. by the end of June we had a beautiful flower bed. I didn't have to weed. Butterflies and Birds were there. It was perfect. Cost: $14.00

No comments:

Post a Comment